Great naan recipe. I’m also about to replace my pizza dough recipe with this.
Ingredients from: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/naan/detail.aspx
- 1 cus starter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 TBSP white sugar
- 1 TBSP brown sugar
- 1 TBSP drypmilk
- 1 TSP salt
- 2 cups bread flour
- 1 TBSP minced garlic (optional)
- 1 TBSP and 2-1/4 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1 TSP active dry yeast (optional if you are using starter)
- Use bread machine dough cycle
- Separate into 3″ balls
- Roll flat into 8″ circles
- Brush with the melted butter
- Cook on grill or skillet until browned and puffy, about 3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Let stand about 10 minutes, until frothy. Stir in sugar, milk, egg, salt, and enough flour to make a soft dough. Knead for 6 to 8 minutes on a lightly floured surface, or until smooth. Place dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and set aside to rise. Let it rise 1 hour, until the dough has doubled in volume.
- Punch down dough, and knead in garlic. Pinch off small handfuls of dough about the size of a golf ball. Roll into balls, and place on a tray. Cover with a towel, and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 30 minutes.
- During the second rising, preheat grill to high heat.
- At grill side, roll one ball of dough out into a thin circle. Lightly oil grill. Place dough on grill, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until puffy and lightly browned. Brush uncooked side with butter, and turn over. Brush cooked side with butter, and cook until browned, another 2 to 4 minutes. Remove from grill, and continue the process until all the naan has been prepared.